1.13.2013

Winter Weddings

 The little boys and I headed to Utah on Christmas Eve. Like I said in my other post, Seth wasn't able to come with us at all. We celebrated our Christmas Eve and Christmas a day ahead of everyone else. Lucky for the boys, they got two Christmases.





The boys were unbelievably good on the first flight. Like, I read a magazine. It was the in-flight magazine, but still. They just happily played with their trains on the tray table. The second flight was  a different story. They weren't bad, but I was feeling more and more sick as the flight went on. I seem to always get a cold right as I'm heading to Utah or get one within the first couple of days of being there. As I felt progressively crappier, the boys got progressively more hyper. It wasn't the best combo. But, we made it.

The boys opened their second set of Christmas jammies from Nana and Grandpa. We tried to get a cute picture but it wasn't happening.


We opened gifts the next morning, had a delicious brunch, and some of us took off for sledding. Taft had a good time, but Lukie fell off on his first run and WOULD NOT have any of it for the rest of the time. 

Jayda is such a good big cousin. She played with the boys non-stop. I feel so lucky that my boys have such great older cousins on both sides who actually seem to like playing with them. 



Isn't she the cutest?

Pretty soon after the spill. Doesn't he look so sad?
The REAL reason we were even in Utah in the first place was because Lanx got married!! I am so glad we could be there. Lanx looked so beautiful, the sealing was peaceful, the reception was gorgeous and fun, and Travis and her make a great couple. My boys love, love, love Travis. We all think he's great. 
I did shoot a couple of shots when they came out of the the temple but they are blurry. It was absolutely freezing and since I figured they had a professional photog they didn't need me to snap any. I'll post some when she gets them back. I'm sure they'll be stunning. 

Sadly, the best photo of the night. I wish I had shots of the inside of the reception. It was so beautifully done.

Cute Jay, Butter (aka Alex), and Taft. Luke refused. 

I also had another wedding to attend to while in Utah. Jamie and I have been friends since 1st grade. She had a small wedding with just family and a few friends. I was honored that she wanted me there. The wedding day was a nice break for me from the kids. My parents was so nice and watched them ALL day long. I got to hang out all day with my other dear friend, Amber, who Jamie and I have known since 7th grade.



It was so great to be with my family for an extended period of time, but we (the boys and I) really, really missed Seth. We were gone for 2 weeks which is just too long to be apart. 

Highlights of the trip not photographed:

1. Playing with the Herway cousins
2. Meeting up with a few friends 
3. My friend, turned personal trainer, who kicked my butt one day
4. Staying up late with my family
5. Visiting my grandma in St. George
6. Celebrating Lukie's 2nd birthday! (more on that in another post)




8 comments:

La said...

I am sad that I missed the wedding and I am so excited to see the pictures. I sure it was beautiful! I am very glad we got to hang out. Very glad.

Colie said...

ooo who's your personal trainer friend? I'm ready for some 2013 butt kickin'.
Great to see you guys & please do post Lanx's wedding pics!

Taylor Bluth said...

Holy crap you look GORG in that photo with just you, lukie and taft at the reception! Lovin these posts.

Herways Go West said...

I'm with Taylor. Loving the posts....and you are GORG (as she put it!)

natalie said...

How fun! 2 weeks IS a really long time. The boys look like such studs in their little bow ties.

natalie said...

Oh and I really like the dress you wore to the wedding. Where did you get it?

Kathleen said...

We LOVED having you and the boys for two weeks. It was WONDERFUL!!! ... and we missed Seth too!
LOVE all of the photos.

Lanxie Jo said...

happy you guys could come :D