12.14.2011

Yukie is an 11 monther



Yukie is what we call him now. Not yucky, yukie. Like Lukie but with a Y. That's what Taft calls him and  now we do too. Yukie finally had too teeth cut through the gum. I was starting to worry that he didn't have any teeth in his mouth.  He's starting to cruise along furniture a bit, will take steps while holding his hands, can regular crawl, but still prefers his super speedy army crawl. He loves to climb the stairs at the playground. He's becoming more interested in things Taft is doing. It's kind of a struggle because Luke is too little to understand to not take things from others and Taft is just learning how to share. There's a lot of crying going on at our house. Although I feel like just in the past week they are starting to play more and more together and Lukie has been crying less.  Lukie no longer eats baby food and seriously likes just about everything we give him. The only things he hasn't really liked are animal crackers and these baby arrowroot cookie things...so maybe he didn't inherit my sweet tooth? He still wakes up multiple times at night but we haven't really tried anything to get him to stop. I'm hoping when we make the switch to cow's milk and a bottle later this month that we can kick this habit. He doesn't love being held by other people. I think he's more of a mama's boy, but he's showing more interest in Seth.  Lukie loves bath time and had fun splashing in the baby pool in Palm Springs. Lukie still has his moments, but he's pretty good at going with the flow. I guess he has to because Taft is still running the show around here. Lukie is babbling more and it's starting to sound more like he's talking. It's pretty cute. I'm so sad this baby year is almost over! Although, I am looking forward for my two boys to be able to start playing together more and more.

9 comments:

Herways Go West said...

Wow, Lukie is soooo cute! He looks so huggable. Too bad he doesn't like them from others! I'm glad we get to see you all sooner than we thought. Yipee!

Taylor Bluth said...

aw yukie dudie... excited to see y'all

La said...

He is adorable. So dang cute.

Colie said...

Holy moley - he TOTALLY looks like Seth!!! Do you have any side-by-side baby pictures of those two?
I like we should get Yukie a Uke. :)

Kathleen said...

YUKIE!! He is so dang cute! I can't wait to see him in two weeks!

Tyler and Emily said...

Milly's dream boy.

Reimstar said...

Got your Christmas card, you look beautiful! And of course your boys are darling too! Hope you are doing well, Merry Christmas!

Noel Portugal said...

Isa told me today she likes uncle Seth because he has a baby Luke. Lol. We are all fans of that little cutie!

Malerie said...

11 months already?! I'm so jealous of his skin. He's so handsome!