5.11.2011

Lukester is Four (and a half) Months Old


Another month of Luke's first year has flown by. Luke is getting close to rolling from his back to tummy but can already roll from his tummy to back. He recently discovered that sucking on his fingers makes a good substitute for a binky, it's usually his index and middle finger. He drools like crazy, I swear there should be teeth popping up, but his gums are still just as gummy as ever. He seems to be more interested in Taft and might even think Taft is funny sometimes. It's kind of hard to tell, but I think Luke might be a momma's boy which I think I deserve because Taft is definitely a daddy's boy. Luke hasn't decided he wants to sleep through the night yet, which surprisingly I'm okay with. Although, this week he's had some rough nights that involved several wake ups. I'm okay with one feeding in the middle of the night, but that's it. He usually goes down around 7:30 or 8:00 and isn't up for the day until around 8:00 the next morning. I think this kid might appreciate sleep more than his older brother. Luke is such a smiley boy and I still have to try really hard not to squeeze his cute little guts out. I think he looks like Seth so sometimes I call him Little Seth. I love having a baby in our home and I kind of wish there was a safe, healthy way to stunt his growth so he could be a baby forever.

12 comments:

Colie said...

I'm so glad you guys are here for a bit so I can fully enjoy LW's drool & huge smile. :)

Meg said...

Let's get together while you're here, K?

Herways Go West said...

I vote for keeping him small too! I hope you find a healthy and safe way....good luck!
Bryn and Isa also want him to be strong and little too (they are sitting right next to me and saw his picture and wanted me to read everything about him!)

Taylor Bluth said...

last line... a little creepy.

Herways Go West said...

I know I already left a comment....or maybe I just dreamt that I did! I want you to keep him small too...in your safe and healthy way! I can't wait to meet him.

Taylor Bluth said...

Yeah.. Where did all the comments go? hmm well see you in approximately 24 hours! Can't wait to see my cute boys! (aaaand everyone else.)

Byyyeeee

La said...

Lukey is a beautiful, sweet boy. Brauer is sitting on my lap and says, "OH baby Luke! Can he come play at my house with his doggy?"

Heidi said...

I love this boy and I am going to be very sad this Sunday:(
I love his chubby kissable cheeks and his toothless smile! Don't go back to Spokane!

RyanandHailee said...

Oh... so precious! He is so sweet!.
Can't wait to squish him :)
PS... Good job on the triathalon! So awesome despite all the drama it looks like you had a blast!

Kathleen said...

OOPS...Heidi's comment is really my comment. I didn't know it was logged in to her account...OOPS:(

The Browns said...

Luke totally looks like seth. Esp in this picture. hope all is well with your cute family.

natalie said...

What a cutie!