4.06.2011

A Shout Out

I have to give a shout to this cute boy. For the last couple weeks, our bed/naptime routines have been working. Taft has been much a much happier, funnier, easy going boy because of it and that has made it loads easier to be a happier, more energetic, easier going mom. He's been so funny lately and he's just so pleasant to be around (most of the time). I mean, it's not easy being two. You can talk, but still not communicate exactly what you want all the time. Sometimes your mom makes you leave the children's museum before you're ready, won't give you "canny" every time you want it, and won't let you have your binky except for sleeping times even though your baby brother gets it whenever he wants.


He's in his room right now having quiet time which will eventually lead to a nap. Our rule is as long as he stays on his bed I'll leave the door open. He can look at books or sleep. I just checked in on him and he was looking at The Hungry Caterpillar pretending to eat the food off the page. Lately he's been wearing his sailor cap everywhere. He gets a lot of comments on it (which I think he loves) and a lot of adoring smiles. He's started wanting to say the prayer at mealtimes and bed but so far he just has "Hedeny Fawder" and "Amen" down. Sometimes that's all the prayer is, "Hedeny Fawder, Amen." Also, I've learned this boy is easily bribed by chocolate or as he calls it "choc-it". Like mother, like son.

I complain a lot on this blog but there really is nothing I'd rather be doing than staying home with these boys, watching them grow, and trying to not screw up too badly.

13 comments:

Kathleen said...

LOVED THIS POST!!!! Such a sweet post from a wonderful mother! I'm glad that his sleeping routine is better. Everyone is happier!

Reimstar said...

Well I just love reading your blog :) I feel like our boys are friends but they just don't know it yet.
They are so similar! I do have some bad news though, we are leaving for the summer in 5 days, which means we are not going to see you when you come in May! :( I know, bad timing. But I will be stalking you on the bloggy blog, and hopefully you will come to Utah again soon after the summer, and even more hopefully we can make a trip down to sunny San Diego sometime! We'll take the bunkbed :)

Herways Go West said...

Oh man, Taft is a heart stopper. Again, your photo shoot is amazing. Professional!
Keep up the good work. Taft and Luke are lucky kids!
I want to hear him pray!

La said...

I love that picture of Taft. He is such a cute boy.

Jen and Jared said...

I'm so happy for all of you that Taft is sleeping/napping better. It does make such a difference, and it's awesome! Also, congrats on getting into your MSW program. Very cool. Can't wait to see pics of your new place when you get. it.

Lindsey said...

He is so adorable! And it cracks me up that he loves attention for his sailor cap and frog boots, so cute!!

natalie said...

Wow, Heidi. We must have been on the same wavelength. We almost said the same thing in your last sentence and I just noticed we posted on the same day.
That is a great picture of Taft!

Tyler and Emily said...

One of my favorite friends from London just moved to San Diego. She has boys about the age of yours. I hope you live close to her, I think you'd be bff's. When you move I'll arrange a blind playdate for you guys;)

Pew Family said...

I've been the worst blogger and haven't gotten a chance to look at yours in a while! I'm so excited you get to go to San Diego, that'll be so fun for your family! Your boys a BEAUTIFUL, seriously!! Save them for my girls!! I'm excited to see you at the end of the month!!

Melanie Herway said...

Congrats on the sleeping success!! I just sleep trained Katelyn and for the past 2 nights I've had a full night sleep. What a difference it makes!!! Taft is a such a cute age, I love how you write his words the way he says it.

Colie said...

Can Taft say the prayers in my ward? Last week's guy took a full 6 minutes, which is a long time in public meetings!

Staci Davies said...

Ahhh. That is really sweet! Hey, GOOD LUCK with the house hunt. I'm jealous you'll be living in San Diego. You know I was born there right?

Taylor Bluth said...

it's about time for a new blog update. just sayin