Well I never thought the day would actually arrive, but I had my last day as a server at Goodwood BBQ. It was pretty dramatic, everyone was crying and hugging, begging me not to go, but the time has come for me to move on. Okay, it wasn't too dramatic but one of my managers really did shed a couple of tears. I didn't know I was so well liked! :) The weeks leading up to my last day I was getting pretty excited, but it is a little sad that I won't be working with any of those people anymore. My managers were all so great to work with, the were so flexible with me and really bailed me out on a few occasions.
Now I'm off to work in the social welfare field. I had my first interview today and it seemed to go well. I think it was more of a preliminary screening thing because it only took like 20 minutes. I'm not counting on anything to happen, but I'll keep you posted. Also, if anyone has friends or family working in any social work/welfare area hook me up!
7.05.2007
Goodbye Goodwood!
Posted by Heidi at 9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I wish I could help! I have friends who are interns with DCFS and they like it but it's hard. I can't wait for you and Seth to come to Belgium ... and to Greece and London too!!
I'm sad that I never got to go to Goodwood and see you "strut your stuff". You won't miss it though, will you???
Change is always hard and looking for a job...even harder!! Good luck with that. And hey, hope to see you tomorrow!!!!
WOW, it really happened. I am really excited for you. I am sure that you will have your choice of jobs. You are going to be a rockn' social worker. No surprise that you are so well like, you make the best first impressions of anyone I know.
I do have a friend who works for the state of Utah making sure day cares are up to par. Remind me to give her a call when I get back from MX. She might be able to hook you up somewhere. Good luck in your job search!
Heids I love the blog!
you finally left goodwood! Yeah!!! Change is always good. Well have a blast in Europe and call me when you get back. good luck on your bike trip :)
I have no hook ups in the social work field...oh wait, Paul's old girlfriend is a social worker but I don't know if they keep in touch. I'll ask him. And, if you change your mind and want to be my nanny you are hired! Seriously let me know if you know anyone who might be good...check out the job posting on my blog.
http://eagleston.blogspot.com/2007/07/nanny-search.html
Post a Comment