11.23.2014

Monterey with Grammie and Pop

We were so glad we got to tag along with Seth's parents when Seth's dad had a work conference in Monterey! We got to spend a week with them is such a beautiful place. Pop was gone most of the day so I failed to get any pictures with him, but he was there.

The house we stayed in included passes to the amazing Monterey Bay Aquarium. The boys went every day!  


I love that whenever possible, the Herways rent bikes while on vacation. It's such a fun way to get around and see the sights!

Poor Jonah. 



Point Lobos

I really love this crew.

Brudders waiting for the Loch Ness Monster

The scenery in Monterey really is breathtaking!

We spent a beach day in Carmel. There was a feeding frenzy when we got there! It was pretty cool watching the birds dive into the water to get their fish.

"Taft loves Mom"

Lone Cyprus- Anita and I rode our bikes to this point along 17-mile drive (no, we did not do all 17 miles!) 

We saw deer everyday! I didn't realize that deer would live so close to the ocean. 

The last night we were there my brother's family came to Monterey (from Stockton) and we spent the night on the Naval base. My brother is currently living in Monterey while learning Chinese for the Navy. He usually goes to Stockton to be with his family on the weekend, but they came here so we could all spend the evening together. We loved seeing their cute family! 

These kids loved these amazing tide pools. They'll touch anything!


And this silly boy was eating mustard with a spoon. Blech!

Bluth Grandkids minus Jonah
Thanks for the great week Grammie and Pop!

5 comments:

Lanxie Jo said...

I love this post! I love the Brudders looking for the loch ness monster :)

La said...

I love the Monterey Aquarium. Best one I have ever been too. It really is an amazing place. I loved all these pictures, especially the one of Grammie and Lukie playing in the sand. What a cute capture.

Herways Go West said...

Ahh. Thanks for taking the pictures. I got home and realized all I had was a movie of the boys dancing. (but that is priceless). It was fabulous that you made the trip up. So much fun. You have a marvelous family. I was thrilled everyday that I got to hang out with you!

Melanie Herway said...

Lone Cyprus...WOW!! I want to go. What an amazing place.

natalie said...

What a gorgeous place! You have some great pictures here. Makes me want to go next time!