9.19.2012

Trip to the Beehive State

We just got home from a week long trip to visit family and friends in the great state of Utah. It was the SUCH a nice time of year to visit. I was reminded of how absolutely gorgeous Utah and the Wasatch mountains are. I wish we would have spent more time hiking around, but we were able to spend time there.






The biggest news of the trip came the night we rolled in to town. My sister got engaged! Yahoo! For the first few nights of our trip my parents rented a condo in Park City. We rolled up to the condo about 11:00 p.m. We walked in the door and there was my sis, flashing a diamond ring on her left hand. She's getting married in late December so the wedding planning began immediately. I was able to go wedding dress shopping (she found one!) with her, my other sis, and my mom. We even found the place she'll being having her wedding reception.

We were very, very busy all week. It's hard for me when we go to Utah because of course I want to see family but also have so many friends I want to catch up with. I did live there for nearly 26 years after all.

This post is going to be super longer. Here are the highlights:

1. Park City adventures: Alpine Slide, Alpine Coaster, Main Street, Canyons
2. Silver Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Donut Falls
3. Lots of mountain biking for Seth- Wasatch Crest Trail, Millcreek, City Creek
4. BYU/Utah game with Herways and Colie (not really a "high"light but memorable)
5. Most of all....seeing family and friends!!

Silver Lake

Silver Lake

Bridal Veil Falls

Nature Tuke

Top of Guardsman Pass



Cousin BFFs

Got together will a group of girls from elementary school!! All of these girls but me grew up in the same ward. I hadn't seen some of them since high school.


5 comments:

Colie said...

What a whirlwind trip! You guys always do such a good job of making the most of all of your trips. The hikes looks lovely. Luke looks so cute in that shot in the woods.

Herways Go West said...

Congrats to Lanx! that is super fun. Exciting. Your boys are really changing quickly. Too quickly!
I love Utah in the Fall as well. It's intoxicating that time of year. I know what you mean, when you get to Utah there is just way too much to do trying to see all your friends and family.

La said...

I think you guys should just move here. For reals.

Kathleen said...

Ditto to Lara's comment!!
We had so much fun with you while you were here. The time went by way too fast and now we are suffering withdrawls!

natalie said...

Utah in the fall is the best. I wish I could have had more time to explore when we lived there. I was in school for the most part and didn't have time and didn't really know where to go either. You should be my tour guide sometime.