I'm considering changing professions. I have my undergrad degree in Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Social Work. I've debated about going back to school for a Masters in Social Work or Education. Both pay poop so the financial aspect doesn't really come into play. I realized how much fun it is to watch and help kids learn though! I always want to read stories with my kid clients when I do visits and especially love when they read to me. It's so cute watching kids sound out words! Kids can be stinky though, especially after recess. Although, I do go into stinky homes nearly every day. Did you know I have a client that lets her goats poop in her house? Oh, well I do. As awesome as it is to work with dope smoking, child abusing, goat loving, emotionally exhausting, house dirtying, law breaking people, I'm thinking that education may be the route for me. Plus, I have fond memories of my elementary school teachers for the most part, but I doubt most kids have fond memories of their caseworker. I don't know. I actually don't hate my job at all right now, but I've just been thinking I might be better at something else. Maybe a job where I don't have to carry travel-size Febreze every where I go. And maybe where I don't actually have conversations about whether or not the poop was from a goat or a dog, it is still poop, and it is still in the house, and it is not okay.
11.18.2008
Time for a Change
Posted by Heidi at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
um...eww! I think a masters sounds great!!!
I don't think I could handle dirty stinky homes. Props for you for doing it!!!! Good luck with the decision making!
You are one of the funniest people I know! I think you would be great at whatever you did, but I bet your not going to want to do anything but look at your sweet little baby all day once you have him! You'll know what I'm talking about in a few short months!
You'd be a great teacher. I almost went that route (elem. ed)...until I realized I could teach dance. Don't ask me why I didn't think of it in the first place. But, teaching is where it's at. It's very rewarding.
I still think you should be a writer. Of course there is no interaction with people, and that would be a waste of your talents....but maybe you could write on the side!
Ha ha ha...well I'll be honest teaching is a noble profession and the rewards way outweigh the downfalls. You would be a great teacher! But you may not want to read to other people's kids in a couple months (ha ha ha!)
Hello, summers off?!? I'd do Education for sure!!
I think you would be a great teacher. I love Daphne's 1st grade teacher and totally appreciate all the work she puts into her classroom. Go Teachers!
You'd be great at whatever you do. That's insane about the goat lover. What the heck? Yeah, you just wait that baby will change your mind of every profession besides being his mommy. Well, of coarse it's up to you if you're still working, but you'll feel like you always want to be with him. Good job for shooting for or at least thinking of getting that masters :)
Post a Comment